Simple Applesauce Souffle & Topping
- 4 sl White bread;
- 1 c Cheddar cheese;
- 1 cn Unsweetened applesauce or (16-oz) diet delight
- 2 ts Fructose;
- 1/2 ts Ground cinnamon;
- 1/4 ts Ground nutmeg;
- 1 ts Vanilla extract;
- 1/4 ts Salt;
- 4 Eggs; lightly beaten with a fork
- 2 c Milk;
- Spread the bread with butter or corn oil margarine using 1 ts on each slice.
- Slice the bread in 1/4″ cubes on cookie sheet and put it in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until bread cubes are toasted golden brown in color.
- Remove the bread from the oven and cool it to room temperature. Put 1/2 if the toasted bread cubes in a 6×10 or 8×8 flat glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the grated cheese on top of the bread. Put the rest of the bread on top of the cheese and then put the remaining cheese on top.
- Mix all the other ingredients together in a big bowl and pour the mixture into the baking dish on top to the bread and cheese. Cover the baking dish and put it in the refrigerator over night.
- Take the dish out of the refrigerator 2 hours before cooking it. To cook your souffle, put the baking dish in a shallow pan of cold water and place in a cold oven.
- Set the oven temperature at 300 degrees and cook the souffle for 1 hour. It should be a rich, golden brown in color and taste delicious.
- 1 cn Unsweetened applesauce; -(16-oz) Diet Delight
- 1/2 ts Vanilla extract;
- 1 tb Fructose;
- Put all the ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the topping over each serving of the souffle. Makes 8 severing.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0