- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. recipe-ready crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- 3-3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Boil water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Stir in rice, and salt and pepper to taste. Immediately reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy non-reactive saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic 4-5 minutes or until they begin to turn golden. Stir in next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, except cilantro and lime. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Increase heat to medium and simmer 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and just cooked throughout.
- Divide stew among individual serving bowls. Place 3/4 cup of cooked rice in center of each bowl. Garnish with cilantro and lime.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0