Shrimp Crispies with Lobster Sauce
1 cup sifted flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons shortening
1/3 cup milk (about)
1/2 lb. canned shrimp
1. Make 1/2 Basic Rumford Baking Powder Biscuit recipe.
2. Clean 1/2 lb. canned shrimp. Dry thoroughly in towel.
3. Drop shrimps a few at a time in biscuit mixture and cover thoroughly but lightly with mixture.
4. Drop on greased baking sheet and bake in hot oven (450° F) 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve hot with Lobster Sauce.
Makes 4 to 5 portions.
6 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 lb. cooked lobster meat, cut in pieces.
1. Melt butter, add flour and seasonings and blend until smooth.
2. Add milk and continue stirring until slightly thickened.
3. Add Worcestershire sauce and lobster meat. Keep warm in upper part of double boiler.