Shrimp And Corn Soup
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups water
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and coarsely chopped, or small peeled shrimp
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 bunch green onions (scallions), sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Puree the tomatoes and green chilies in the food processor. In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté the onion and garlic over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the flour and mix. Gradually add the pureed tomatoes and chilies and water, stirring to mix in with the flour. Add the shrimp, frozen corn, and cream-style corn.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink. Add the green onions and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0