Shanghai Spring Rolls
- 1/4 md Head cabbage — thinly sliced
- 2 Ribs celery — thinly sliced
- 1/4 c Fresh cilantro — minced
- 1/2 c Seitan — finely chopped
- 1 t Salt
- 1/4 ts White pepper
- 1/2 ts Sesame oil
- 8 Spring roll skins
- Soybean oil for frying
- Combine cabbage, celery, cilantro and seitan in a medium-size mixing bowl. set aside.
- Sprinkle each spring roll with salt, pepper and a few drops of sesame oil. Divide vegetable mixture into 8
equal portions and spoon a portion 2″ from one corner of each spring rollskin. Fold corner over mixture,
then fold in side corders (similar to the 3 sealed sides of an envelope). Roll towards top to wrap.
- Heat 4″ of fryig oil to 350 degree in a deep saucepan or wok. Carefully submerge spring rolls into oil and deep
fry until golden, about 5 minutes. (They will float and should be turned once.) Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0