Seven Layer Salad
- 1/2 Head of Iceburg Lettuce – chopped
- 1 c Clery, chopped
- 1 c Green pepper, chopped
- 1 Med. onion, sliced or diced
- 1 Box (10 oz.) frozen peas
- 1 lb Bacon, fried and crumbled
- 5 Hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 c Mayonaise
- 2 tb Sugar
- 3 c Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Using a fairly deep baking dish (I use a 4″ deep 9″ X 9″ pyrex pan), place a bed of chopped lettuce on the bottom, then lay down a layer of celery, then onion, then green peppersm then peas, then eggs. The order is really not that important, and they will nor really constitute a solid “layer.”
- Then and another layer of lettuce and repeat the procedure.
- Mix mayonaise and sugar together and spread on top.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese on top of the whole thing.
- Cover tightly and leave overnight in refrigerator, allowing mayonaise to permeate the whole thing.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0