Seasoned Chips with Lone Star ‘Caviar’
- 2 medium tomatoes — seeded and chopped – 2 cups — `
- 1 15 oz. can black-eyed peas — rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper — chopped – 1-1/3 cups
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 serrano peppers — seed & finely chop
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers — seed & finely chop
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin — divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 6″ whole-wheat flour tortillas
- Combine tomatoes, peas, bell pepper, onions, cilantro, lemon juice, serrano peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill at least 4 hours to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.In a large plastic food-storage bag or paper bag, combine remaining 2 teaspoons cumin, chili powder and garlic powder; set aside.
- Spray both sides of each tortilla with vegetable cooking spray; cut each into 8 wedges. Place wedges in bag. Secure bag and shake to coat.
- Arrange 32 wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes, or until light golden brown. Repeat with remaining tortilla wedges.
- Cool completely. Serve with Caviar.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0