Savory Tortilla Soup
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 med onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 c chicken broth (canned is fine)
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves 2 c tomato salsa
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Add broth and chicken breasts. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside. Add salsa to broth; season with salt and pepper. Cut chicken into cubes and return to soup.
- Put a handful of tortilla chips into the bottom of soup bowls. Ladle soup over chips. Garnish with any of the following: lime slices, grated cheese, minced cilantro, sour cream, hot sauce, minced onion, or minced jalapeno peppers.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0