2 cups sifted flour
3 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons shortening
2/3 cup milk (about)
1. Make Basic Rumford Baking Powder Biscuit recipe.
2. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick.
3. Cut into rounds with a small biscuit cutter about 1 inch diameter.
4. Slice tiny cocktail sausages, or other highly seasoned sausages, very thin.
5. Cover a biscuit with sausage slices, then with another biscuit, more sausage slices, another biscuit. Press together at one side.
6. Set sandwhiches on end in small greased muffin pans. Bake in hot oven (450° F.) 12-15 minutes.
Makes 10 to 12.