Sausage Popover Pizza
- 1/2 lb pork sausage meat
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs plus 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 lb (or more) sliced mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbs corn oil
- 1/2 freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Sauté meats until brown and crumbly. Drain excess fat.
- Add tomato sauce, 2 Tbs flour, oregano & 1/4 tsp salt. Heat to boiling and cook, stirring, for one minute. Pour into 13×9 inch baking pan; cover with mozzarella slices.
- To make crust, beat eggs with milk, oil, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1 cup flour; pour over cheese and meat. Sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425º until pizza is puffy and cheese has melted, about 25-30 minutes. When it’s out of the oven, loosen edges then turn onto serving platter
Share & Print
0 0 100 0