- 2 3/4 to 3 pounds of sausage
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup milk
- Divide sausage, forming 30-36 “pigs”. Do not roll in hands, form carefully with finger tips or fork.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in margarine as for pie dough.
- Mix in milk. Form into smooth ball.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness, cut into strips about 3&1/2-inch wide.
- Wrap “pig” loosely in dough, over-lapping on the bottom. Do not pinch ends shut.
- Prick top of each “pig” with fork.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets, bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then 15 minutes at 350 degrees until brown.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0