Santa Fe Taco Stew
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1/2 C. diced onions
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (8 3/4 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies, drained
- 1 C. beef broth
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 lb. pork butt, or beef chuck or chicken, cooked and shredded
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- fresh cilantro
- In a dutch oven heat oil. Add onion and garlic powder. Sauté 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent and tender. Add taco seasonings, tomatoes, beans, corn and chilies. Blend well.
- In a small bowl gradually blend broth into cornstarch using wire whisk. Stir into stew. Stir in cooked meat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or simmer longer for a thicker stew.
- Garnish each serving with sour cream, tortilla chips and fresh cilantro.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0