Sailor Jim’s Beer Stew
- 2-3 thick flank steaks cut in thin slices
- 4 onions, cut into thin slices
- 8-10 potatoes, peeled and cut in rather thick slices
- bay leaf
- salt and white pepper
- 2 cups beef bouillon, mixed with beer or just beer
- Brown the onion slices and remove them from the frying-pan.
- In the same pan brown the meat slices briefly on both sides. Season with salt and white pepper. Add beer and/or bouillon, bay-leaf and thyme, cover and let the meat cook for 10 minutes in the frying-pan.
- In a casserole put layers of meat, sliced potato and onion, potatoes forming the bottom and uppermost layer.
- Cover with liquid and let the stew simmer in the oven or on the stove for 45 – 60 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0