- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. lard
- 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 envelope yeast, diluted in one cup warm water
- 1-1/2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 2 small eggs
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, cut into slivers
- Place flour on pastry board, add lard, salt, pepper and yeast in warm water, and work together well until dough is elastic and smooth. Place in deep dish, cover and let stand in warm place 2 hours, or until doubled in volume.
- In a bowl place ricotta, eggs, parmesan, salt, and pepper and mix together well with wooden spoon.
- When dough is ready, cut into 2 pieces and stretch 1 piece over bottom of greased 12 inch shallow casserole dish. Spread ricotta mixture over this, leaving 1-inch border clear. Place prosciutto over ricotta mixture and place second sheet of dough over all, pressing edges closed carefully and cutting off excess dough around edges
- Bake at 375º for 50 minutes. Serve cool.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0