Russian Potato Salad
- 900g (2lbs) new potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons spring onion(1/2) — finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill — finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons sweet-sour gherkins — finely chopped
- 6 radishes — thinly sliced
- Fresh dill sprigs — for garnish
- 175ml (6 fl ozs) mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 23ml (1 1/2 tablespoons) ketchup
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) dry white wine
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) horseradish sauce.
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Cover, lower heat and simmer for 25 – 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are done. Drain when they are cool, then cut into 5mm (1/2″) slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- In a large bowl, assemble the potatoes, onion, dill, gherkin and radish slices.
- Pour the dressing over and gently stir to combine.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and chill for 30 minutes before serving garnished with fresh dill sprigs.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0