Roasted Vegetable Soup
- 3 large carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, trimmed and roughly cut
- 1 large onion, roughly cut
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup dried mushroom pieces. Italian porcini, if possible
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and black or red pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Place the carrots, celery, and onion in a small (8 x 8 inch) nonstick pan or dish with the olive oil. Toss to coat the vegetables. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, add the garlic, and toss again. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are browned.
- Remove pan from oven, add 1 cup of water and stir to loosen any vegetables that may be stuck. Pour this into a pot with the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and black or red pepper, and serve or use as the base for other soups, stews, or pasta dishes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0