Roasted Tomato And Red Bell Pepper Soup
- 2 1/4 lbs. tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 large red bell peppers, quartered, seeded
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 1 Tsp. fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 c. (about) water
- 4 Tbsp. part-skim ricotta cheese, room temperature
- Fresh thyme sprigs, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange tomatoes, cut side up, bell peppers, onion and garlic cloves on large baking sheet. Drizzle oil over. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables until brown and tender, turning peppers and onion occasionally, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool.
- Transfer vegetables and any accumulated juices to processor. Add thyme leaves. Puree soup, gradually adding enough water to thin soup to desired consistency. Chill until cold, about 3 hours. Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated. If soup becomes too thick, thin with water to desired consistency.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top each with 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0