Roasted and Grilled Vegetables On Mushroom Polenta With Pistachio Herb Pesto
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 ozs. cornmeal
- 1/4 oz. porcini mushrooms, dried, soaked in hot water
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tbsps. marjoram, chopped
- 2 1/2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tsps. sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, fresh ground – 3 zucchini, split in quarters
- 3 gold bar squash, split in quarters
- 3 leeks, split in quarters
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 Portobello mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 12 ozs. celery roots, peeled, steamed and sliced
- 12 ozs. sweet potatoes, peeled, steamed and
- 2 1/2 red and yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut
- boil water, add salt, and mix in cornmeal.
- Stir until mixture becomes thick, add mushrooms, and remove from heat. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- lightly blanch the zucchini, squash, and leeks.
- Lightly brush squash, leeks, eggplant, and Portobello mushroom with olive oil before grilling.
- Toss the celery root, sweet potatoes, and peppers in oil and roast at 350° until tender.
To serve – divide polenta on to plates, arrange vegetables, and then drizzle with pesto.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0