Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 2 whole garlic heads
- 1 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
STEP BY STEP:
- Cut the top off garlic heads so each clove is exposed. Brush with oil; wrap in foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until garlic is very soft.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove garlic from skins; mash and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well.
- Add milk, butter, rosemary, salt and garlic; mash until light and fluffy.