Roast Stuffed Turkey
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 4 hours 45 min. to 5 hours
1 bag (16 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
12- to 14-pound turkey
2 cans (10 1/2 ounces each) Franco-American® Turkey Gravy
1. Prepare stuffing according to package directions.
2. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry. Spoon stuffing lightly into neck and body cavities.* Fold loose skin over stuffing. Tie ends of drumsticks together. Place turkey, breast side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush with oil. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of meat, not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325ºF. for 4 1/2 to 5 hours or until thermometer reads 180ºF. and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Begin checking doneness after 4 hours roasting time. Allow turkey to stand 10 minutes before slicing.
4. In medium saucepan mix 1/4 cup drippings and gravy. Heat through. Serve with turkey and stuffing. Serves 12 to 16.
* Bake any remaining stuffing in covered casserole dish with turkey 30 minutes or until hot.