Rhubarb And Raspberry Tart
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pie dough for 10-in. shell
- 2 cup Rhubarb
- 3 eggs
STEP BY STEP:
- Roll out pie dough into 10-inch tart or pie pan.
- Cut rhubarb into 1/4 inch pieces, distribute evenly in tart shell, then sprinkle with raspberries.
- Combine sugar, eggs and egg yolk in a mixing bowl; whisk ingredients together.
- Add cream and vanilla and mix.
- Pour egg mixture over fruit and bake in preheated 400F(200C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tart batter is quite firm.
Raspberries and rhubarb in one tart means that one of the fruits must be frozen if locally produced products are to be used. Happily, this dish works well with either fresh or frozen berries or rhubarb. The reds and pinks are beautiful together and the flavours blend wonderfully.