Red Onion Pizzas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups thinly sliced red onion
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon julienned orange zest (colored part of peel only)
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 4 1-ounce pita breads
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil and 1/4 cup water in a large non-stick skillet; add onion. Cook over low heat, covered 30 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and orange zest; cook covered, 10 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Coat baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- In small bowl, combine zucchini, 1 tablespoon water and remaining 1 teaspoon oil; toss to coat.
- Arrange pitas on prepared baking sheet; top each with 1/4 of the zucchini slices; bake 8 minutes.
- Spoon 1/4 cooked onion on each pita; bake 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle each pita with one-fourth of the feta and cilantro; bake 2 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0