Quick Italian Beef and Vegetable Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (13 3/4 to 14 1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 1 cup sliced (1/4 inch thick) carrots
- 1 can (15 to 19 ounces) cannellini (white kidney) or Great Northern beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half and crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 cups torn spinach leaves, lightly packed
- Heat Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and garlic. Brown 4 to 5 minutes, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings. Season beef with pepper and salt.
- Stir broth, tomatoes and carrots into beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans and zucchini. Continue to cook 4 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in spinach. Garnish as desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0