Quick Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken breast half, with skin (about 3/4 lb)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 4 cups water
- 1 (10-1/2oz) can condensed chicken broth, reconstituted, or 2-1/2 cups ready to serve
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1-1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp marjoram
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- pinch black pepper
- 3 oz medium egg noodles, uncooked
- Place chicken, skin side down, in preheated three-quart saucepan. Brown over medium heat about five minutes to render chicken fat. Remove chicken.
- Reduce heat to low. Add shallots and stir one to two minutes. Do not brown. Return chicken to pan and add remaining ingredients except noodles. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low simmer, uncovered, and cook 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken. Cool. Discard bones and skin. Dice chicken, and return to pan.
- Just before serving, return soup to boil. Add noodles and cook for required time. Garnish as desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0