Quick Bean Soup
- 1 48-oz. jar great northern beans with juice (I use Randalls)
- 2 14-oz. cans chicken broth (I use Swanson’s)
- 3-4 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice, or smaller can o.k.
- tomatoes optional (I use Hunts)
- 1/2 stick of margarine
- 1/2 cup finely diced ham or 1/2 jar Hormel bacon pieces or 4-5 pieces cooked crisp crumbled bacon
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups water
- In large pot, sauté celery & onions in the margarine until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, when hot, add salt & pepper to taste. If soup tastes weak, add Wylers granulated chicken bouillon, 1/2 teaspoonful at a time.
- Serve with crusty rolls or bread.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0