- 2 Tblsp. olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tblsp. flour
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 pint (16 oz.) half-and-half cream
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 4 pickled jalapenos, minced
- Chili powder and sliced green onions, for garnish
- Tortilla chips and raw vegetables, for dipping
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add green onions and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cumin; cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Gradually stir in half-and-half. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Simmer 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat.Add cream cheese, stirring until melted.
- Return pan to low heat. Gradually add cheeses, stirring until melted.
- Stir in tomatoes with green chiles and jalapenos. Cook until heated through (do not boil).
- Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with chili powder and sliced green onions, if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0