Pumpkin Walnut Cheesecake
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 oz zwieback crackers, crushed
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz pumpkinTopping:
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
STEP BY STEP:
- Blend zwieback crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and the 6 tablespoons melted butter. Press firmly over bottom and up sides of a lightly buttered 9-inch spring-form pan. Chill.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the 3/4 cup sugar and the 3/4 cup brown sugar, beating until well mixed. Beat in the eggs one at a time, until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the pumpkin pie spice and the heavy cream at low speed. Mix in the pumpkin.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake in a slow oven (325) for one hour and 35 minutes. While pie is baking, mix the topping ingredients , first the butter and brown sugar until crumbly, then blending in the nuts.
- After the one hour and 35 minutes, remove the pie from the oven. Spread the topping over it, and return it to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.
Serving suggestion: Some like this garnished with whipped cream and more walnuts, or with whipped cream and pecans.