Pumpkin Tomato Soup with Basil
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1″ cubes
- 8 carrots, sliced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 6 medium tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 12 stuffed green olives, sliced
- In a large soup pot, combine the pumpkin cubes, carrot slices, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the onion and mushrooms in it until golden brown. Add the tomatoes. Stir-fry for 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- In small batches, purée the pumpkin mixture and sautéed vegetables in a food processor. Return to the soup pot.
- Combine the salt, pepper, sugar, and cream. Add to the pot. Add the chopped basil. Let stand on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Divide the soup among 4 to 6 bowls. Garnish each with sliced olives.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0