Pumpkin Maple Creme Brulee
- 2/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Whisk pumpkin, syrup, 1/4 cup sugar and yolks in medium bowlto blend. Combine cream, milk and nutmeg in 4-cup glass measuring cup. Heat cream mixture in microwave until beginning to simmer, about 3 minutes on high heat. Gradually whisk hot cream mixture into yolk mixture.
- Strain custard through fine-meshed sieve into measuring cup.
- Divide custard among four 6-ounce pumpkin-shaped custard cups. Set dishes into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Transfer pan to oven. Carefully pour enough hot water into pan to come halfway up sides of cups.
- Lay sheet of foil loosely over custards.
- Bake custards until almost set in center, about 1 hour. Let custards cool slightly uncovered in roasting pan at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Remove custards from pan and chill uncovered until cold, about 5 hours. (Custards can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Arrange custard cups on baking sheet. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons sugar evenly over each. Using butane torch, heat sugar until it melts and browns evenly.
- Refrigerate creme brulee until cold, about 1 hour. (Can be prepared up to 6 hours ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
Share & Print
0 0 100 0