1 cup prunes
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups sifted flour
3 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons melted shortening
1. Cook prunes and 1/4 cup sugar with enough water to cover, for 10 minutes. Drain, remove pits and chop fine.
2. Sift flour, Rumford Baking Powder and salt together.
3. Combine egg, milk, sugar and shortening together.
4. Mix into dry ingredients, stirring only enough to moisten.
5. Fold in prunes.
6. Drop by spoonfuls into greased muffin pans and bake in moderately hot oven (400° F.) 20-25 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins