Prawn and Potato Omelette
- 1½ oz. butter
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded & chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium sized new potatoes, cooked & cubed
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1lb raw prawns, peeled & cut in ½” pieces
- Heat the butter in a 10″ frying pan.
- Stir in the onions and paprika and sauté over a moderate heat until the onions are soft.
- Add the tomatoes and season to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes until the mixture is thick and well blended.
- Add the potatoes and cook for a few more minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks until they are thick and creamy.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they stand in firm peaks.
- Fold the whites and yolks together with a spatula.
- Return the frying pan to the heat, fold in the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Fold in the eggs, mixing well. Cook until the eggs are lightly set. serve with a green salad.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0