- 90 grams (3 oz.) plain flour – all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 250 grams (1/2 lb.) mashed potatoes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 30 grams (1 oz.) butter
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Sieve flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl, rub in the butter until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Mix in mashed potatoes and a little milk to make a soft dough.
- Roll out 1 1/2 centimeters (1/2-inch) thick. Cut into shapes with a small round cutter.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake in a hot oven (215 degrees C gas mark 7) for about 15 to 20 minutes. (210 degrees C = 410 degrees F.)
- Potato cakes may also be fried in hot fat.
- Delicious served hot with lashings of butter.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0