- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups peeled, diced potatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can Great Northern or cannelli beans, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour creamor plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of salt (optional)
- In a medium pot, cook celery, carrots and garlic inmargarine over medium heat 4 minutes or until tender.
- Carefully stir inbroth, potatoes and dill. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered,20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer half of the potatoes to a dish. Mashwith the back of a spoon, and return to pot. This makesthe broth creamier. Add beans to potato mixture, mashing about half ofthe beans as you mix them in.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, flour, pepperand salt. Stir into thesoup.
- Cook stirring, until thick and bubbly.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0