Portuguese Pork Roast
- 1 pork roast
- 1 pkg. chourico or linguicia*
- 3 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 3 lg. carrots, peeled & cut in chunks
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled & chunked
- 1 lg. green & 1 lg. red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 lg. can stewed tomatoes
- Combine the meats, vinegar and peppers in a roaster pan. Add water until roast is halfway covered. Cover and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees F. Add the potatoes, carots & onions and let bake until the carrots are tender (but not mushy).
- Remove cover, top with stewed tomatoes and bake 20 minutes, uncovered, to brown the top of the roast.The meat will be extremely tender and will have the flavor of the chourico or linguicia (or any other sausage that you decide to use).
Note: Chourico and lingucia are spicy Portugese sausages. A milder type of sausage can also be used.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0