Pork and Green Chile Stew
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, or more if needed
- 3 lb lean pork, cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 ea yellow onions, large 5 ea garlic clove, minced
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 1/4 c tomato purée
- 6 ea poblano chili pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground oregano, Mexican
- 2 tbsp chili powder, mild
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 ea jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 2 tbsp hot pepper sauce, green
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 ea new red potatoes, 1/2-inch pieces
- Monterey Jack cheese, to taste
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pork and sauté until gray. Remove from the pan and place in a 4 quart heavy saucepan.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the same pan, using a little more oil if needed. Add the cooked onions and garlic, chicken broth, tomato purée, Poblanos, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally
- Add the jalapeños, green Tabasco sauce, vinegar, salt, and potatoes. Cook, covered, at a simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve in bowls. Garnish with grated Monterey Jack cheese.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0