Poor Man’s Caviar
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons freshly-chopped parsley
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Capers (optional)
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- Peel and, if possible, remove seeds from eggplant. Dice into 3/4-inch cubes. Heat water to boiling.
- Add diced eggplant and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Chop into small pieces the tomato. Add chopped tomato, chopped onion and minced garlic. Add approximately 1 tsp. capers, salt and pepper.
- Chill in dish overnight.
- Before serving, add olive oil and season again to taste. You may desire to add more lemon juice.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0