Pollo Cremato Con Piselli (Creamed Chicken With Spring Peas)
- 1 whole stewing chicken, washed (liver removed)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 small onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 parsley stems
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 12 cups (3 L) cold water
- X Creamed Pea Sauce
- 3 tbsp (45ml) butter
- 2 medium leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken stock
- X salt
- X freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a stock pot, combine all the ingredients except the chicken and sauce and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer, then add the whole chicken. Simmer uncovered for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. When it is cool enough to handle, discard the skin, remove the meat from the bones, cut into small slices and refrigerate.
- Return the bones and re- maining scraps of meat to the stock pot and continue to simmer uncovered for approximately 1 hour.
- Remove from the heat, strain the stock through a sieve lined with a fine linen or muslin cloth and cool in a bowl over ice water.
- Skim the fat from the stock.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0