Polenta Chocolate Cakes
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 100 gr dark chocolate
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup or more raisins, preserved ginger, glace cherries, candied peel, nuts, whatever else you’d like to add
STEP BY STEP:
- Bring water to the boil. Add polenta and baking powder while stirring and stir/mash like buggery to stop it going lumpy (I use a 1950s gadget called a Kitchamajig, like a thin springy stainless steel salad server with lots of slots in it).
- Immediately add everything else and stir like buggery (I use a wooden spoon at this point) till the chocolate’s melted through it and everything’s mixed in evenly.
- Turn into a small springform looose-bottom tin, leave to cool, put it in the fridge, pop out and pig out.
- Great comfort food and would make a fine celebration cake for almost no effort.