Poached Salmon with Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into long, thin strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into long, thin strips
- 1/2 cup (about 2 large) thinly sliced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon Instant Chicken Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 (4 ounces each) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- HEAT olive oil in large, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add zucchini, carrots, shallots, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables to large platter; keep warm.
- Add wine, water, marmalade, bouillon, and pepper to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add salmon; cover.
- POACH for 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove salmon to platter with vegetables; keep warm.
- ADD margarine to cooking liquid; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid has thickened slightly. Pour sauce over salmon and vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0