Plain Rice Pudding
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rice, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp rosewater or orange blossom water
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds for decoration
STEP BY STEP:
- Bring the milk and sugar to the boil. Add the rice, mixed with the water, and stir until it comes to a boil again
- Turn down the heat to a low simmer and cook gently until the mixture becomes very creamy which will take approximately 45 minutes
- Add a little more milk during cooking if necessary. Add the rosewater or orange water, stirring until bubbles appear on the surface
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly, then pour into a bowl and refrigerate
- Serve chilled, decorated with slivered almonds.
Be sure to use Watermaid rice. You can leave off the almonds if you like.