Pla Kapong Kimao (With Garlic Sauce)
- 1 pound of any sort of fish
- The fish is cleaned, the sides slashed and the fish is either dredged in flour or coated with a light batter, and then deep fried in fairly hot oil for about five minutes each side. The fish is then removed to a large plate or serving platter.
- 8 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped green prik chi fa
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped red prik chi fa
- 1/4 cup thinly cliced green onions (scallions/spring onions)
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander [cilantro] including the roots if poss
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 each “kaffir” lime leaves, torm (or about a teaspoon of lime zest)
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet basil leaves.
- 3 tablespoons (approx.) of cooking oil.
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, heat the oil, then add the blended ingredients, stir continuously for about 3 minutes. add the lime leaves and the basil, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the fish to serve.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0