- 2 C. sliced mushrooms
- 4 oz. Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 T. chopped fresh oregano, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 pkg. (1 lb.) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 C. pizza sauce
- 1/2 C shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400º. Spray a medium, non stick skillet with non stick spray. Add mushrooms and cook over medium heat until tender, about 4 minutes. Add bacon and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in oregano and remove from heat
- Divide pizza dough into 2 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece to an 8×8 inch square. Using a sharp knife, cut each large square into 4 smaller squares.
- Working one at a time, transfer squares to a baking sheet that has been sprayed. Spoon 1 Tbsp. sauce in center of square. Top with 1 T. mushroom-bacon mixture and 1 T. cheese. Fold dough over filling to create a triangle, stretching it a bit if you need to. Pinch edges closed or press down on edges with fork to seal. Repeat with remaining crusts and filling
- Brush tops of pizza pockets lightly with egg white. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until golden brown and puffed up.
- To serve, cut pizza pockets in half and arrange them on a serving platter. Warm up the extra pizza sauce and serve it as a dip
Share & Print
0 0 100 0