2 cups sifted flour
3 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons shortening
2/3 cup milk (about)
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 cup crushed canned pineapple
1. Sift flour, Rumford Baking Powder, salt and sugar together.
2. Cut in shortening.
3. Add milk to form soft dough.
4. Turn out on lightly floured surface and knead gently 30 seconds.
5. Roll into rectangular sheet 1/4 inch thick.
6. Cut into strips 3 inches wide and 6 inches long. Brush with melted butter.
7. Place 1 teaspoon pineapple on one half of each strip and fold the other end of the strip over the fruit. Press edges together with a fork and prick with fork on top.
8. Bake in moderately hot oven (450° F.) 20 minutes.
9. Serve hot or cold with cream or fruit sauce.
Makes 8 squares.