- 1 lb. beef (round or sirloin)
- 2 Tbsp. shortening or oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 2 medium onions, cut into strips
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- cooked rice
- Cut steak into small strips or cubes. Brown in shortening or oil for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the soy sauce and 1 1/4 cups of the water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the onions and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the bell peppers. Cook just until tender. (retain a slight crunch / if ginger slices added for flavor, remove at this time)
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup of water with the cornstarch. Stir until no lumps remain. Add to the beef mixture. Allow it to continue simmering until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over a bed of warm rice.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0