Pecan Bourbon Pie
- 10″ pie shell
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup (or 1 1/2 light corn syrup and 2 Tbsp molasses)
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz pecan halves (standard bag wt.)
- 3-4 Tbsp bourbon whiskey.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly toast pecan halves in oven. Do not burn
- Beat eggs until just blended, not frothy. Blend in sugar, salt and corn syrup (and molasses). Then add melted butter and vanilla. As the very last step, add bourbon just before adding mix to pie.
- Spread nuts in the bottom of pie shell; pour filling over nuts. Make sure nuts are completely coated with filling
- Place pie in oven. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F at once. Bake 50 to 60 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0