- 3 Tbs. Butter or Margarine
- 1 Large Clove Garlic; Peeled and Cut In Half
- 2 cups French Bread; Cut into 1-Inch Cubes
- 2 Tbs. Butter or Margarine
- 1 cup Onion; Chopped
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 4 cups Beef Stock
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley; Finely Chopped
- Heat 3 Tbs. butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic pieces and cook for approximately 5-minutes, stirring frequently.
- Discard garlic halves. Add bread cubes and cook until golden-brown, stirring occasionally. Remove bread cubes from butter with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the remaining butter to the saucepan and add onion. Cook gently until golden, stirring occasionally for 5 to 8-minutes. Add paprika and beef stock, cover and simmer for about 20-minutes.
- Beat eggs well at serving time. Remove simmering soup from heat and add about 1 cup at a time to the eggs, whisking constantly. Stir mixture back into the soup and continue to cook over low heat. Do not bring the soup to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place 1/4 of the reserved bread crumbs into four warmed serving bowls and ladle soup over the top
- Sprinkle generously with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0