Peach Frozen Mousse
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 8 peaches
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
STEP BY STEP:
- Peel and slice about 1 cup of the peaches. Place sliced peaches in food processor and pur�e the peaches. Refrigerate the pur�e
- In top of a double boiler, beat the egg yolks with 1/2 cup of sugar until thick and lemony in colour
- Stir in the lemon juice. Cook over hot water, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened, about 4 minutes
- Cool to room temperature and fold in the peach pur�e. Chill in the refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until the meringue is stiff
- Fold into peach mixture. Spoon the peach mousse into 8 custard cups and freeze.