- 1/2 cup dried split peas
- 4 cups water
- 1 hambone
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup milk or light cream, warmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh curly parsley
- Cover the peas with cold water and soak several hours or overnight.
- Rinse the peas. Add the water, ham bone, onion, and oregano. Simmer 3 hours or until the peas are soft.
- Puree the soup mixture in a food processor or blender.
- In a small pan, melt the butter and stir in the flour until smooth.
- Return the soup mixture to the pot and stir in the butter and flour mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the milk or light cream and reheat just short of boiling.
- Garnish with the parsley.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0