Passover Chocolate Nut Torte
- 6 oz butter or margarine3/4 cup sugar
- 7 eggs, separated
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup unblanched almonds, finely ground
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup unblanched almonds, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp potato starch
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 4 oz margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely ground
- Cream the butter and gradually beat in the sugar until the mixture is light and creamy. Beat in the yolks, one at a time. Blend in the chocolate, and gently fold in the ground almonds mixed with the baking powder.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry, then fold into the mixture.
- Pour into a well-greased 10-inch springform pan. Bake about 30 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 deg. F.
- Allow to cool, then frost thickly with the icing and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
- Mix together the eggs, sugar and potato starch in the top of double boiler.
- Heat over boiling water, stirring, until mixture thickens. Do not boil the mixture, and beware of “scrambled eggs”!
- Cool, then stir in the chocolate. Gradually beat in the butter, one Tbs at a time. Fold in the nuts until the mixture is thick enough to spread.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0