Parsley and Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 cup bulgar wheat, fine (found at most grocery stores)
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-2 bunches parsley, minced or chopped
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add other finely chopped vegetables if you wish, such as cucumbers, yellow and zucchini squash, etc.
- In a large mixing bowl, reconstitute the bulgar wheat in cold tap water and
let set for 20 minutes till the water is totally absorbed.
- Add the lemon juice, chopped tomatoes, green onions, olive oil, chopped
parsley and salt and pepper. Toss and blend with bulgar wheat mixture till
all ingredients are mixed evenly throughout.
- Can be served immediately or refrigerated to chill and marinate. Will store
up to 3 days.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves or in a bowl with parsley sprigs as
Share & Print
0 0 100 0